As a marketing writer, I write the text for a lot of websites and brochures. But that’s not all I do. I also help clients create the content they need to nurture prospects along the sales funnel. I’ve written everything from white papers, e-books and tip sheets to articles, FAQs, video scripts, case studies, PowerPoint presentations and more, for clients in a huge range of industries.
So if you need help brainstorming topics and writing effective content for your business, please give me a call. I’m here for you!
|NURTURING PROSPECTS WITH QUALITY CONTENT
Years ago the sales person was the information conduit between brands and customers. Today, with so much information readily available online, most prospects prefer to do their homework before contacting you. If you don’t provide the information they’re looking for – and make it readily available when and where they’re looking for it – your competitors will.
Many people say that in today’s marketing world, “Content is King.” But perhaps it would be more accurate to say “the right content for the right audience, delivered at the right time” is King.
What Types of Content Should You Create?
There is no “one size fits all” answer here. What to create depends a lot on what you’re trying to accomplish. For example:
- Take an in-depth look at a topic: White papers, e-books, manuals, webinars, podcasts, PowerPoint presentations, tip sheets
- Introduce a topic or address specific questions: Articles, blogs, brochures, FAQs, infographics, videos, lists, tip sheets, buying guides, product comparisons
- Provide credibility: Case studies, testimonials, polls/surveys
- Address technical issues: Manuals, “how to” videos, instruction sheets
What Topics & Questions Should Your Content Address?
A good way to look at this is to consider your prospects’ needs at different points in the sales process:
- Awareness: This is a good time to educate prospects about general questions related to your field, and get them to opt in to on-going communications from you.
- Evaluation: Show prospects how your products and services will solve their problems. What makes your solutions superior? What makes your company better? What do others have to say about what you’re offering?
- Purchase: What information is needed to overcome any final objections and get the sale?
Of course, once the sale is made, don’t overlook the importance of on-going communication to engage your customers, build loyalty and encourage repeat sales.
CUSTOMER SPOTLIGHT: PIASC
The Printing Industries Association, Inc. of Southern California (PIASC) is a trade association that is devoted to uniting and supporting creative businesses that specialize in print, packaging and marketing. I recently helped them write the text for a complete overhaul of their www.PIASC.org website.
As part of that project I also wrote the script for the fun "doodle video" that now appears on their "refer a friend" page. This video helps explain some of the many benefits of membership in a fun and engaging way. Check it out!