Much of your marketing program is probably geared towards attracting prospective clients to your business. Getting them in the door (or on the phone or at your website), however, is just the first step. What are you doing to move your prospects along the sales process, to make it easy for them to make the purchase decision?
|MAKE IT EASY FOR PROSPECTS TO SAY "YES"
Many companies lose out on a lot of business because they fail to recognize and remove sales obstacles. Don’t let this happen to you. Here are six things you can do to make it easy for prospects to say “yes”:
- Establish Credibility – Provide helpful information about company, product or expertise. Avoid using “hype” in your marketing materials. Share testimonials from previous, happy customers.
- Demonstrate Value – Make the benefits and value of your product or service clear. When possible, use specifics – such as “increase your profit by X%,” “save over $80 per day,” “keep your network running 24/7,” etc.
- Offer a Free Taste – My food allergy cookbooks website offers nine free recipes. Why? Because nothing sells cookbooks like sample recipes. People cook up one or two, see that my recipes really are easy and delicious, and then purchase the books. What kind of a “free taste” can you offer?
- Give a Guarantee – Your prospective customers want to know that you stand behind your product or service. A money-back guarantee can take the risk – or perceived risk – out of a purchase.
- Make Obtaining Results Look Easy – Getting the desired results with your product or service should appear as easy as possible. People are busy, and they demand simple solutions to their problems. If using your product or dealing with your company appears to be a hassle, you’ll lose the sale.
- Examine Your Website – Is it easy to navigate? Is your contact information easy to find? Do you provide multiple ways for customers to contact you (phone, fax, email, snail mail)? If you’re selling something directly from your website, is your order information easy to find and your shopping cart simple to use?
Identify and eliminate every sales obstacle you can, and start closing more deals!