|USING CONTENT MARKETING TO DRIVE TRAFFIC TO YOUR WEBSITE
“Content Marketing” is all about creating and sharing informative articles, videos and other content in order to attract and engage potential customers. One of the benefits of content marketing is that it helps drive traffic to your website through links to the content itself and by improving the search engine optimization (SEO) of your site overall.
In addition to paid advertisements, there are many strategies for using content marketing to drive traffic to your website. These include:
- Offer valuable free downloads – Use e-books, white papers, reports, checklists, video training and other informative content to drive traffic to your website and induce people to give you their contact information.
- Share your free content everywhere – Post it on your website and on LinkedIn, link to it from all of your social media accounts, share it with the relevant online communities that you participate in, etc.
- Create content focused on “long-tail keywords” – These are the more specific phrases that people tend to search on when they’re closer to being ready to make a purchase. For example, when someone is just starting to look into architectural railing systems they may simply search for “architectural railings.” Later they may use the long-tail keyword phrase “glass and steel architectural railings for stadiums.”
- Write guest posts for other blogs – Guest blogging on other sites in your niche not only gives you exposure to new audiences, it can also drive traffic to your website through links in your bio, and links to any freebies that you offer to that blog’s followers.
- Link to your other content – As you’re creating content, watch for opportunities to link to other things you’ve written (as I did in the first paragraph of this article). These internal links can help the overall SEO of your site.
Need help writing all that content? Give me a call!