What marketing tactics are in your latest marketing plan? If blogs and/or newsletters are not yet on your list, this month’s article provides seven reasons why you should reconsider.
That said, blogs and newsletters are only successful marketing tactics when they’re done well. If you need help creating the type of high-quality content that will be read and appreciated by your target audience, give me a call. As your marketing writer, I’m here for you!
|7 THINGS BLOGS & NEWSLETTERS CAN DO FOR YOUR BUSINESS
Given the fact that I’m a marketing content writer, it’s probably no surprise that I’m a big believer in the power of business blogs and newsletters. I’ve seen that they can be especially helpful for service providers and business-to-business marketers.
Here are seven things that these proven marketing tactics can do for you:
- Drive traffic to your website – Regularly posting relevant, high-quality content can boost your website’s overall search engine optimization (SEO). Your blog posts will also bring people to your website who are looking for the specific information you are presenting. These people, of course, are likely to be ideal potential clients for your business.
- Build influence and authority – Your articles can position your company as a thought leader, the “go-to expert” in your field. This enables you to subtly sell without making people feel “sold to.”
- Create trust – People like to do business with people they know, like and trust. Sharing your expertise in a way that helps people solve the problems and challenges they face is a great way to build trust and confidence in your brand.
- Keep in contact – All businesses should have a system in place for regularly reaching out to their customers and prospects. Newsletters are a great way to do that.
- Expand awareness of your offerings – Never assume that all of your clients and prospects are familiar with all of the products or services that your company offers. You can boost awareness of the breadth of your offerings by writing about them.
- Generate leads – Add a lead-generating call to action at the end of your blog posts to encourage readers to either pick up the phone and call you or fill out a form to provide their contact information.
- Drive sales – The ultimate goal of all of the above!
CUSTOMER SPOTLIGHT: VACATION ADVENTURES UNLIMITED
Far more than “just” a travel agent, Sue Pierce of Vacation Adventures Unlimited is a personal travel concierge extraordinaire. From putting together a customized land travel plan to helping people choose cruises that they’ll absolutely love, Sue does it all, at no cost to her clients. She addresses every detail, gets all of the logistics handled and is available to assist if something goes wrong mid-trip.
I recently started helping Sue with her blog. Take a look at the first article I wrote for her to learn “Why Use A Travel Agent?”